Thursday 10 May 2012

Echo Flower Shawl

I was very apprehensive when one of the Tangled Yarn Ravelry group members suggested we knit the Echo Flower Shawl as our Spring KAL. I haven't really knitted any lace before, all those yarn overs filled me with dread and then nupps! I'd never even heard of a nupp!


But I have to say after a false start I really enjoyed every minute of this knit. I say a false start because I originally cast on in Malabrigo Lace and found that my tension was a little too tight, so switched to a 4ply instead.



Pattern - Echo Flower Shawl by Jenny Johnson
Yarn - Araucania Ranco in solid PT485
Needle - 4mm circular needle
Started - 1st April 2012
Finished - 30th April 2012
Comments/Mods - I made the smaller of the two sizes given, so only needed one skein of yarn. Coming back to the nupps, I found a very helpful video on YouTube from a lovely lady called Myra Wood, she had a bit of a catch phrase going on "nupps rhyme with soup" so every time I did a nupp that little rhyme would pop into my head and on occasion I would blurt it out to the annoyance of my kids! I used the crochet hook method for the nupps, so rather than doing them over two rows they were done all on one row. I'm not sure I can go into a great explanation as to how to do them, so it is worth checking out the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment