Monday 13 June 2011

From Knee to Toe

Back in January I had an operation on my knee to repair a meniscal tear in the cartilage. It was whilst I was laid up recovering that I discovered my love a sock knitting!

Knitting socks is so addictive and enjoyable. There's nothing quite like wearing a pair of socks that you have made yourself! They make the most wonderful present too!



If haven't had a go yet I would highly recommend getting hold of a copy of the Yarn Harlots's book Knitting Rules! It has a really easy to follow instructions to start you off. Should you get the bug and you will! When take a look at Cookie A's book "knit.sock.love" is a must. With 19 patterns, it should keep you busy for a while.


My love of socks was accompanied by my love of yarn! Smooshy Sock Yarn from Dream in Color is a superwash merino and is a available in a rainbow of colours. It knits up beautifully and is amazingly soft.

Smooshy Sock Yarn

Precious or Angel from The Natural Dye Studio are real luxury to indulge yourself in!

Dazzle Sock
Angel Sock
Precious Sock
   

Or you could opt for local lass and indie dyer Wild Fire Fibre, at Tangled Yarn we love her eye for colour and with Tempo, you can be happy knowing that any socks you make will last with the wool and nylon blend they will be machine washable too!

Wild Fire Fibre

No comments:

Post a Comment