Sunday 26 February 2012

Cocoon

I have queued so many patterns on Ravelry, but never actually got around to casting on any! My New Years resolution though, is to start knitting through that queue and not add anything new unless I deleted something first or have knitted and finished a project.


Back in December I spotted a lovely cowl and boy do I love cowls, so much more interesting than knitting a never ending scarf!

Pattern - Cocoon Me Cowl & Shawlette by Rose Beck
Yarn - Malabrigo Worsted in Pagoda
Needle - 5mm circular needle
Started - 15th February 2012
Finished - 23rd February 2012
Comments/Mods - It's three patterns in one, with the option of knitting either a cowl, eternity scarf or a shawlette. I opted for the eternity scarf as I had two skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in Pagoda, although I only needed a little of the second skein, I have 65g left over of the second skein. I cast on an additional 16 stitches for this 8 stitch pattern repeat enough to enable me to wrap the scarf around my neck twice and I knit three and a half pattern repeats, which has given me a lovely width. I read the other comments on Ravelry regarding blocking, but decided to wet block using a little Soak and then pinned out without over stretching because I wanted the straighten the cast on and off edges, as they were a little wavy, but not to lose the textured effect of the stitch pattern. I might of had the wavy edge because I got carried away knitting and forgot to change up my needle size after the garter stitch, I'd been going a while before I realised and didn't have the heart to rip back, so carried on!

I loved this knit and would make again, but next time I'd listen to the advise of other Ravelers and block using a light spray, as I did lose some of the pop of the little puffs!










No comments:

Post a Comment