Sunday 19 February 2012

Socks

My Dad is a great present buyer! When I was 18 he bought me a book on cross-stitching, I remember opening it and thinking "How old does he think I am?". But I have to say it was the start of something quite amazing.That Christmas I started out doing very simple cross-stitches, it kept me occupied and my mind busy over a very difficult time in my life, my Mum had died in the October. 

I took to cross-stitching in a big way, taking on bigger projects some taking a year to complete. I only stopped when I picked up my knitting needles again when my son was born.


22 years on and he is still hitting the nail on the head where it comes to buying the perfect Christmas presents. I received a copy of Alice Yu's book "Sockopus", he knows me so well! It is a lovely book containing 17 amazing pairs of socks. I cast on Shur'tugal early January and finished them this week. They fit perfectly! I love the criss-cross affect without using a cable needle, a new technique for me. Alice shows how to do this in the book with lovely clear photographic instructions. I used Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock in the colour-way Envy, it's been looking at me from my stash for a while. I couldn't recommend this book enough, a must for any sock knitter.



1 comment: