Thursday 9 February 2012

Flying off the Needles

Yippee my Dragonfly Wings are now off the needles and I've just finished blocking. Blocking has totally transformed this shawl and helped my dragonfly to spread its wings.



I've really enjoyed this knit, so quick and relatively straight forward, with just enough interest in the lace to keep me going. After knitting socks I needed something quick.



The yarn I used, Lang Mille Colori Socks & Lace was lovely to work with, especially on the larger needles, the pattern called for 4.5mm for the stocking stitch and later a 5mm for the lace edging. Knitting 4ply on a larger needle really opened up the stitches, creating an open fabric that drapes beautifully.



The Mille Colori is a relatively new yarn from Lang, many Raverlers have used it for shawls, but I'd like to try out on socks. As a super-wash yarn it should stand the test of time. I love the long colour change, the stripes on my shawl are perfect. Whilst looking at other projects on Ravelry I spotted some over-knee socks that show the striping beautifully. Not sure I could attempt over-knee socks though, would take way too long for me!

2 comments:

  1. Your shawl looks lovely Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Janine, I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete