Monday 30 January 2012

February Shawl KAL

Over in the Tangled Yarn Ravelry Group we are having a knit along throughout the month of February. It will be our second, the first was a toe-up sock, which for me was a total disaster! I have never down a toe-up sock before and this particular pattern: Gush by Yarnissima was not the easiest pattern to follow when your surrounded by distractions, no real repetition to the pattern. I dropped out before I'd made it to the heel, the thought of knitting into the back of another stitch really did it for me.

This time I hoping and planning on having greater success. We have decided on Dragonfly Wings, which is a beautiful shawl knitted in 4ply. I have chosen Lang Colori Mille Socks & Lace in shades of blue and grey.


Mille Colori is incredibly soft, a blend of super-wash wool and nylon. The colours are prefect for wearing with half my wardrobe, there's lots of blue in there! It will knit up with stripes of colour, darker blue through to light blue and different shades of grey.

Cast on is Wednesday 1st February and we are aiming to post pictures of our blocked shawls no later than Tuesday 28th February, I'm hoping this is doable! All shawls that are completed in the time frame and that are knitted with yarn purchased from Tangled Yarn will be entered in a draw to win a copy of Ysolda Teague's new pattern book "Saturday Treat" which is has some amazing patterns designed by Ysolda using Fyberspate Scrumptious, in colourways chosen by Ysolda.


I'm really looking forward to this KAL and as long as I stay focused I'm sure to have more success than before! The Tangled Yarn Group on Ravelry are a real supportive group and really encouraging, it's going to be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment